Holiday Fun Facts:
1. Nearly all of the most popular Christmas songs including ‘Winter Wonderland’, ‘Chestnuts roasting…’, and ‘I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas’ were written by Jewish people.
2. On December 20, 1957, while spending the Christmas holidays at Graceland, his newly purchased Tennessee mansion, rock-and-roll star Elvis Presley receives his draft notice for the United States Army.
3. In 1867, a Boston industrialist heard Charles Dickens read A Christmas Carol and was so moved he closed his factory on Christmas Day and gave every one of his employees a turkey.
4. Paul McCartney earns $400,000 a year off his recording of “The Christmas Song” (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire). Perhaps we should all try our luck at writing a holiday song or two!
5. Speaking of holiday tunes, aside from being an appraiser for over 30 years, our very own CEO, Mr. James Norman, is also an avid trumpet player and singer! Check out these three renditions of holiday favorites he put together for your enjoyment. To hear them, click on the links below and let us know what you think!