Check out these interesting events that happened this week in history!
1. On March 21, 1871, journalist Henry Morton Stanley begins his famous search through Africa for the missing British explorer Dr. David Livingstone.
2. On March 22, 1765, the British government passes the Stamp Act in an effort to raise funds to pay off debts and defend the vast new American territories won from the French in the Seven Years’ War (1756-1763).
3. On March 24, 1989 one of the worst oil spills in U.S. territory begins when the supertanker Exxon Valdez, owned and operated by the Exxon Corporation, runs aground in southern Alaska. An estimated 11 million gallons of oil eventually spilled into the water.
4. On March 25, 1634 the first colonists to Maryland arrive at St. Clement’s Island on Maryland’s western shore and found the settlement of St. Mary’s.
5. Norman Hubbard has been in the real estate appraisal business since 1991. Now let’s make some history together!